Friday, October 12, 2007

Isaiah 58:10


Last week-end, I met a sweet girl named Brandi. Brandi, like me has a three year old who is has a birthday in October, his name is Isaiah. She is also married, and has a 4 and 1/2 month old baby named Nathaniel. Nathaniel, was born with a heart defect, and is waiting for heart surgery. He has been in the hospital off and on, since he was born. Brandi has been living at Cardinal Glennon Hospital for nearly the whole time of his fragile life. She spends the night at the Ronald McDonald House. She was so very faithful, and full of the spirit. She is married to a man who is a youth Pastor, so he remains very busy. Their church is in transition, and is calling for a Pastor, so her husband does not get to come to the hospital to see his dear sweet child on the week-ends...instead he stays behind to tend to the flock and preach to the congregation. It was a wonderful time of fellowship for me, to sit with Brandi and hear her story and pray together. I think of these families who are in such trials, and my heart breaks for them. I thank God for the opportunity to share time and minister to Brandi, I thank God for her ministering to me. It is soo awesome how in the midst of suffering God brings his people together to love.
I met Brandi at the Ronald McDonald House, when I went down to the Park Ave. location with friends to set-up dinner for these families who are hurting. Please pray for this dear sweet family. And pray for the health of Nathaniel.

0 comments: