Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Classic touched my Soul


Today, curled up in my chair very comfortable. Giving thanks to God for all circumstances (having one crazy night.) I read an old classic, Oswald Chambers', My Utmost for His Highest. As you all know I do have three children so I was just skimming.. "In the Bible clouds are always connected with God. Clouds are those sorrows or sufferings or providences, within or without our personal lives, which seem to dispute the rule of God. It is by those very clouds that the Spirit of God is teaching us how to walk by faith. If there were no clouds, we should have no faith. 'The clouds are but the dust of our Father's feet' (Nahum 1:3). The clouds are a sign that He is there...Through every cloud He brings, He wants us to unlearn something. His purpose in the cloud is to simiplify our belief until our relationship to Him is exactly that of a child-God and my own soul, other people are shadows....Unless we can look the darkest, blackest fact full in the face without damaging God's character, we do not yet know Him."

0 comments: