Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Drop and Give me 20!


On Monday nights and Wednesday nights, I try to get to bed early. Waiting for the tribulation that is.....Angel! Yes, Angel is the name of our Boot Camp Instructor, turning us into sobbing, little girls who have jello legs, who leave us crying for mercy at the end of each session!! This is Boot Camp...Boot camp workouts are efficient because you work your entire body-- heart and muscles--by going from one exercise to another with no rest. The workouts involve calisthenics like push ups, jumping jacks, crunches and other body weight exercises...the difference lies in the intensity. In boot camp, your challenge is to take your body to its limit. You work, you sweat and, best of all, you burn calories like crazy, except apparently from the genes my parents passed down to me, my body doesn't want to burn the calories so much.
Boot camp workouts are extremely irreplaceable... they are so efficient - you work your whole body in a short period of time. I love to exercise I like the fact that it is Fun - each exercise is different so you don't get bored. I DO NOT like the fact that I wake up at 5 a.m. for this class. And run so much!! I mean you actually look forward to the running part, because the calisthenics are killers. You will have to check out my "guns" next time you see me! I do love Angel even though she is very tough. The very best part of this whole thing is I get to do it with my girls. "I get by with a little help from my friends" Thank you...Angie, Eva, Angie and Lisa, you girls are boot-i-ful!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you at our Saint Mark's Bootcamp! One of the workouts is called Bootcamp and it is bringing back bad memories!

Lisa Teuscher