Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Almond Branches in Bloom circa 1890

This is one of my favorite Van Gogh pieces, I think it is because it is a tree, and I am completely infatuated with trees. Not necessarily wanting to know about the analytical parts of a tree, and every trees species and stuff but more a of a big picture thing. Oh, I love them, I love to be near them. Walking outside and looking how God formed each leaf different than the next. They provide us comfort, shade, relaxation. They are so beautiful. I think the branches represent our walk in Christ each one of them twisty and bumpy, and some strong and some weak, some of them brake and bend under pressure, but each one of them God provides for.
I love this picture, anyway I was considering ordering it for my living room, to go above the couch, but it being Van Gogh, I wasn't sure. What do you think?


0 comments: