Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Saying good-bye to babies

Our first day at Central Baptist Pre-school M-W-F!
Relieving pre-school jitters

Elijah Patrick smiling about his first day

Noah Jamieson "Mr. Happy" on his 1st day
Breakfast of Monkey's
In their new classroom putting up a star with Mrs. Mertz, and new friend Cody, Ellie wanting to start pre-school already!

Today was the first day of pre-school, and I was sobbing like a baby. I did everything to get the boys ready to go on their first day, we prayed before, we acted it out, we got to meet the teachers, we visited their classroom, we continued to talk, and talk about it. So how did I not get ready??? They were like okay Mommy, you can go now, take Ellie, and we will see you later. When Ellie and I got to the car it started. I tried to stop, take a deep breath, and think of the blessings, for nurturing them and teaching them the social skills necessary to thrive in a classroom setting.
I knew that I had come equipped with tissues, dark glasses and some emergency dark chocolate in case I had a meltdown in the school parking lot. Which of course I did.....saying goodbye to my babies for the first time.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Aw, they looked so cute today! I didn't realize that this was the first day.

I cried when I took Nathan to school, too. I don't remember if I cried over taking Daniel. Isn't that awful? I do remember standing outside the window and watching him forever. I thought the cops were going to come and arrest me for being some kind of weirdo.

Elizabeth Lloyd said...

I had to run to your house because I was sooo sad, so sorry for the invasion. I was just so overwhelmed. Weirdos...yeah we are!