Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Discovering Cable, discovering boudaries..


Multiple Blessings. So many blessings… So little time…

Yesterday, we had cable installed, this is HUGE for this family!! We never (Pat and I) wanted to put it in our home. We get sucked into things of this sort, as much as I think it is a great tool in a productive home (moderation) I believe it is also destructive for certain personality types! It is my prayer that we use it only for glory and not become glazed over, losing our way. Neither one of us have had cable, I grew up with satellite, at home having like every channel, but I just got used to reading, silence, and music, and the ever resounding noise of children, and the inability to sit down and relax.

What a Temptation. What a gift. Here is to family devotions, homeschool, Summer Projects around the house, and playing outside hopefully they will not be put aside. I am very thankful to my parents for their generosity in getting us this comfort item for Christmas! So hopefully, this will not be the next "24" or "Lost" for Pat and I.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..I can't believe you went this long without cable! What the heck is WRONG with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth Lloyd said...

I know it was hard at FIRST, but it was awesome, We NEVER watched t.v. so we had plenty of time to read, and talk and listen to music it was great!!! Sometimes, now when the tv is on it makes me feel overwhelmed (too loud) and I just want to run and turn it off! ha but I LOVE cash cab, and dance shows!

Lauren said...

Yeah, sometimes I do feel like it is sucking the life out of me...