Sunday, April 27, 2008

Time after time

Reflecting
Lisa was a great friend of mine in grade school, junior high, and the beginning of High school. We enjoyed each other's company so very much, and would have so much fun laughing, and being outrageously silly together. We enjoyed talking about the same things, we had mutual knowledge of things, she was seriously sarcastic, and I loved it! We would have fun teasing, and encouraging each other, and really just got along so wonderfully together. I definitely consider her one my best of Friends growing up. She and I had an unwavering friendship where we were extremely loyal, and truly loved each other. However, we also could hang out with other people and cultivate friendships with others and when we hung out with each other again we never missed a beat. Our taste in music, fashion, sports, was always very similar, except of course our taste in boys and other friends. Other than that we had a great time. I loved Lisa's family, and would often attend church with them, and after, we would have to indulge in (oh so famous) St. Louis "gooey butter cake" mmmm... Lisa's house was definitely where I spent most of my time it was a magnet house, where she had fun parties, and we would watch movies, and dance like fools shoot hoops, and have awesome pool parties in her indoor pool. I suffered from serious migraines at the time and Lisa would play nurse to me by throwing a wash cloth, and laying next to me until I felt better. We spent many nights giggling, and being completely real with each other. We would exchange advice and share the hardships of junior high, and our parents. Her parents wanted her to attend, a private upscale catholic school, and as heart broken as she was-she went away, I also remember shedding many tears over the oh so dramatic, situation. Lisa remained miserable at the school, and I had settled into finding new friendships, mostly with the kind of girls she was not attracted to . Lisa was humble, kind and very sweet, and I settled into a group that was sociably perfect. We still would hang out but not nearly as often, I had many friendships since Lisa, but never quite as close as the one I had with her. She eventually came back to our school. I was stoked but we never had a class together, I went to the nerdy part of the hall, in A.P chem, and AP chem lab, and A.P. Biology and AP physics, and I think Lisa had more of strong liking to literature and etc. and she spent all her time with a girl who was a quiet, SO quiet, nice, but very closed and extremely analytical. Unfortunately we slowly drifted. I always had a place in my heart for her, and have often thought, and prayed for her. We had lost complete contact with each other. Today, excitingly we met and talked and shared so many of our endeavors. It was great to reminisce and share stories, and share our new lives with each other. I went away thanking God for this wonderful experience, and can't wait for our next meeting. The most awesome thing about this is she is best-friends with my other close friend. I can't wait to catch up with Melanie too!

0 comments: