Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I have been Tagged! I hate Tag!! (By: Patrick)

Ok Beth, I'm being a little extreme with the title, but anyway here I go with the little game:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. When no one is looking I will sometimes pretend I'm a baseball player and go through the wind-up and pitch an imaginary ball. Of course it's the bottom of the ninth with Runners on and a slim lead for the seventh game of the World Series between the Cardinals and Yankees. I usually end up striking the batter out with my 108 MPH fastball. I don't think even Beth knows that I do this.

2. Many of you know that I recently broke my nose. According to my lovely wife I was "incredibly crabby" during the recovery period and it reminded her of when we were first married and the Rams or Cardinals would lose a game. I've toned down a bit since then (Sports really aren't worth getting a divorce over).

3. I love peaches, apples and cherries, but can't eat them uncooked because I'm allergic.

4. When I was a kid I was accident prone and had to go to the ER several times for the following reasons:
*The scar under my left eye was from when I was 3 and my sister was trying to teach me how to skip... I fell face first into the corner of my parents coffee table.
*In Kindergarten I was hit by a car on my way to the bus stop. I ended up with a hairline fracture.
*In Second Grade a boy purposely tripped me when we were playing dodge ball (I got him out) and I chipped out my front two teeth.
*In Forth Grade the tip of my middle finger on my right hand got cut off by slamming it in my parents back door. At the time I was worried that I'd never be able to be a major league baseball player because of this (and I was right).
*In Seventh Grade I broke my thumb skiing. I was never good at jumps.

5. I have always been able to eat large quantities of food without gaining weight. As I approach my 30s I find that this habit is starting to catch up with me and I switched to drinking Diet Coke (but I still eat like a pig).

6. I am a very competitive person and will fight to the death if I feel that I have been wronged while playing a board game (I've made Beth cry several times).

7. I'm am very mathematically minded and would spend hours looking at the back of baseball cards or my favorite book, Total Baseball, and try to memorize the statistics of my favorite players.

8. One of my favorite movies during my early college years was The Matrix and my emial address was ne0_1978@hotmail.com.

Welp... there you go. Hope it wasn't too long.

12 comments:

Elizabeth Lloyd said...

The Baseball card/Total Baseball thing was from when I was a kid. I didn't make that very clear.
Pat

Lyra said...

When I first started reading this, I thought it was Beth and I was getting a pretty funny visual of her winding up to bat. Then I realized it was you, Pat. Hilarious!

jared said...

the thing that makes me most sad reading this is that the matrix came out after i graduated --

Karen said...

Well, Pat, everyone knows you do the baseball wind-up-pitch thing, 'cause all guys do that - along with playing the air guitar.

You and Jim need to play board games together. It might teach you both a lesson! Meanies!

Elizabeth Lloyd said...

Babe,
That matrix thing was very hilarious! I am glad you are over that, now you are pretending your Jack Bauer and not NEO. Love you.

Pat said...

Over the years I've managed to tone down the board game thing a bit (But I'm usually boiling over undernieth).
I'm glad I'm not alone in the "pretend baseball thing."

Dude, Jared, you're old!

"WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR!?!"... Maybe I shoould change my email address to Jack Bauer_1978@yahoo.com

Pat said...

Lyra-
I'm not sure if I've ever been mistaken for Beth before.

Karen said...

If Jared is old, then I must be ancient because I was married with a toddler when that (LAME) movie came out.

Pat said...

Karen-
You're too old for your opinion to matter anyway!

jared said...

Pat you cant be Jack Bauer -- I have a man crush on him --

Pat said...

Well there's no one better to have a mancrush on. Maybe I should join the StL CTU... *As I perform a Karate Chop and send my pen flying across the office*

Karen said...

Hey! Respect your elders!